(NKJV) Ecclesiastes 9 11-12 I returned and saw under the sun that—The race is not to the swift, Nor the battle to the strong, Nor bread to the wise, Nor riches to men of understanding, Nor favor to men of skill; But time and chance happen to them all. 12 For man also does not know his time: Like fish taken in a cruel net, Like birds caught in a snare, So the sons of men are snared in an evil time, When it falls suddenly upon them.
Around every corner there is another battle ready to happen. The storms of life, the challenges from family and job, the affront of evil and Satan – it seems like we are facing battles every time we take a step toward God.
I want to experience the victory in all that I do, how about you?
- What does the Bible says about experiencing victory in our daily walk.
- What principles must we apply to our lives daily to accomplish victory at all times?
- God always causes us to triumph in Christ. (2 Cor 2:14)
When situations/circumstances look bad, God’s Word is constantly working behind the scenes on our behalf.
For Believers, victory over battles is assured.
Let’s look at the Word of God and discover how we can position ourselves to walk in the Victory Today, as well as Tomorrow!
However, in order to overcome trials, the Word of God must be stored in our hearts.
1) We need the Word of God in your Heart.
Do you Agree?
The scripture states, “The race is not given to the swift, strong, wise, or skillful; but time and chance happens to all.” Those who win are those who know what to do in battle. (i.e. Soldier) We must store the Word in our hearts, so we will be prepared during trials.
Look at what the Word has to say about trials!
- (Ps 34:19) Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but God delivers us out of them all.
- (NKJV) 2 Corinthians 2 14 Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place.
- (NKJV) 1 Corinthians 15 57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.
Paul says we are given victory, not by might, not by power… But by our Lord Jesus Christ! Because of this victory, we need to be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord. Our labor in the Lord is not in vain; it is not wasted. You have the victory in Christ Jesus.
2) How do I experience the Victory?
You need to change your mindset! While going through trials, the Word in our hearts will always be tested.
Be aware of the following:
- The attack is from the devil, not from God.
- The battle is in the mind (we win or lose in the mind).
- The Word and daily fellowship with the Holy Spirit release God’s strength and might in battle.
- The Holy Spirit equips us with revelation knowledge.
The Holy Spirit can only give us the ability to pass the test based on what we have on the inside of us. The Holy Spirit can only bring to our remembrance, the things we have studied from the Word.
We have what it takes to defeat the enemy!
We should never believe we are going through trials because God is angry with us.
- (NKJV) 1 Peter 4 12-13 Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you; 13 but rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ’s sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy.
Trials do not necessarily come because we have missed the mark. When we become discouraged, fearful, doubtful, etc., we succumb to defeat.
- Keep a positive attitude, despite what we are going through.
- Know our Lord is strong and mighty in battle. (PS 24:8)
- Remind yourself God loves you.
We have already overcome and we will win over this world!. (VICTORY)
- (NKJV) 1 John 5 4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith.
Have the mindset of a winner. Man was created to win, conquer, prevail, and overcome. We were placed on this Earth to have dominion and authority. We must run to win the prize God has set before us. Man did not know about losing until the presence of God left him. When we succumb to sin, fear, unbelief, worry, doubt, shame, and other negative emotions, we short-circuit our success.
- (Message) 2 Corinthians 13 5-9 Test yourselves to make sure you are solid in the faith. Don’t drift along taking everything for granted. Give yourselves regular checkups. You need firsthand evidence, not mere hearsay, that Jesus Christ is in you. Test it out. If you fail the test, do something about it. I hope the test won’t show that we have failed. But if it comes to that, we’d rather the test showed our failure than yours. We’re rooting for the truth to win out in you. We couldn’t possibly do otherwise. We don’t just put up with our limitations; we celebrate them, and then go on to celebrate every strength, every triumph of the truth in you. We pray hard that it will all come together in your lives.
Today, we can experience Victory!
- Change your mindset! Dwell on God things, not your problems.
- Study and meditate on the Word of God to deposit it into your heart. Build yourself up in the Word of God.
- Count it joy when you go through the test and trial. That means you are being prepared for something awesome God has for you to do.
Make up in your mind you are a winner.
- Be determined that nothing will separate you from your victory.
- (Message) Psalm 20 9 Make the king a winner, GOD; the day we call, give us your answer.
Get ready, prepare for the tests to come. You are an overcomer! When you look back you will see that you have experienced victory all the time.
Today, you can leave here with Victory!
Tomorrow, you can gain the Victory through Christ Jesus in you life!