Maybe this is a list of lessons learned…
This is not a complete list, but it makes me consider how I can improve each number item. In you. And in me.
Have you ever considered where you are on someone else’s list?
Do not try and pin yourself to a certain number below. I am afraid we will find ourselves with too large a list.
- Not everyone will read, or be ready to read, the things that I write or find important enough to live before others.
- Too many people simply do not care – including me.
- Not everyone is the person they purport to be – everyone has a hidden sin, as well as a hidden talent.
- Everyone has a weapon they are willing to use at a time of their choosing – be it physical or word.
- There are proverbial tasks that will never get done – no matter how hard I try to complete them.
- Too many celebrate only the small things of life because they never get to handle the big things in life.
- Some people will never call you back, or follow through, or be your friend.
- Some people simply tire you out, some lift you up, some fall in between the extremes.
- Some people only want something from you and are never willing nor able to give back in return, while others have a huge giving heart never expecting anything in return.
- Some people never change. Others change too much. Not all change is an improvement.
- While some lead by example (positive and negative examples), some lead like tyrants and bullies and cannot even lead themselves to success.
- Some parents should never have had kids. Kids often deserve better than they are given.
- We all need real life education to make us productive in this world – money, relationships, accountability, etc. I never liked the school of hard knocks, but I sure gained value from every lesson taught!
- You can do better. So can I.
- Some promote only what they like, but like only what makes them feel superior.
- Too many are whiners… Especially if they continually live like losers.
- I see too many walking away from, when they should returning to… Quickly.
- Some commit to a higher cause. Too many are influenced only by this world.
- Way too many of us are incapable of handling criticism, but we are easily able to dish it out.
- We never learn how to accept praise. Really.
- Memories are fallible. Reciting memories are often reciting lies.
- Some think too highly of themselves and their actions loudly proclaim this fact.
- Not every situation grooms us properly for the next big step.
- Sometimes we simply make bad choices. Seldom do we make the right choice.
- I cannot continually rehash things of the past. I must simply leave them behind and move forward.
- Maybe this time is the time I should keep my thoughts to myself…
With each item on this list I see myself from certain angles. So, the truth be told, this list may be more about me than others around me. Hmmm… Must make a list about this!